First Paras now painted!!

Yes, the Paras are now starting to roll off the painting production line and I'm quite pleased with them. First is a sniper, a Warlord figure.

Bang!! Keep your head down Jerry!

Here's my Lieutenant, brandishing his trusty Webley revolver ... and an umbrella? Ideal tools for giving the Wehrmacht a good thrashing! An Artizan figure and as with all my leaders, he's on an octagonal base with a splash of red flowers - makes them a bit easier to spot when you're playing.

A 2 inch mortar, never leave home without one! Warlord again. Ideal for plopping some smoke right in front of Jerry's MG42's.

Quite like the poses on these chaps! I wonder if the Chain of Command rules don't make these a little too effective - although I admit I cannot find any hard info on just how accurate they could be in the sort of close range encounters that CoC represents?

I've really enjoyed working on these figures. I'm not sure how many of these chaps actually went in to battle wearing their red berets but it does add a certain something to the units on the table. I'll give details of the painting 'recipe' in my next post.

Basing

As mentioned before I wanted to base these figures slightly differently, going for a lighter, sandier effect. Here's the test piece I did using a spare 40mm base.

The recipe:
  • The usual PVA followed by a mixture of grit and sand. A few bigger pieces are always good.
  • A base coat of VMC Flat Earth (983), then highlights of VMC Gold Brown (877), then VMC Dark Sand (847).
  • The grass is simply GW Scorched Grass.
  • Then add a few tufts and some Woodland Scenics clump foliage.

Comments